About the Department
- The B.Tech Chemical Engineering Programme has been started in the year 2018 (with an intake of 60) with a futuristic vision to cater to the demand of Professionally Trained Engineers in India and Abroad possessing a deep understanding of Chemical & Physical Transformations of Materials in process.
- Chemical Engineers are concerned with Design, Fabrication, Erection and Operation of Plants and Machinery used in Industrial Chemical Processes. In addition to careers in traditional Chemical Industries viz. Fertilizers, Sulfur & Sulfuric Acid, Cement, Paper & Pulp, Sugar & Starch, Oil & Gas, Petro Chemicals and Industrial Gases, Chemical Engineers have vast opportunities in areas such as Polymers, Food & Agriculture, Drugs & Pharmaceuticals, Textiles, Nano Sciences, Bio Chemical & Bio Medical Technology, Material Science & Metallurgy, Energy, Alternate Fuels, Transportation, Environmental Applications, Ceramics, Space Sciences and Nuclear Technology.
- The competency profile of chemical engineers includes a clear understanding of both the theoretical & practical principles involved in the technological processes. The curriculum of Chemical Engineering, hence, encompasses the study of Chemistry & Material Science, Applied Mathematics, Material & Energy Balances, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Heat & Mass Transfer, Mechanical Operations, Separation Processes, Reaction Kinetics, Instrumentation & Process Control and Design of Reactors & Processes.
- The Department is all set to evolve as an Innovative Center of Learning and Research with State-of-the-Art Laboratories and to Experienced and Dedicated Faculty Team with a mission produce Competent, Contemporary, Complete and Industry Ready Graduates.
- To produce engineers of high academic standards in all aspects of the engineering profession by providing quality education through research and innovation thereby improving their skills to compete globally.
- To provide a comprehensive learning ambience and an industry driven and dynamic academic program to train the students in basic sciences, chemical and related engineering fields.
- To encourage principles of sustainability and stimulate the evolution of environmental friendly techniques for the benefit of the society.
- To motivate students to be professionally vibrant and versatile
- To promote qualities of leadership and teamwork in students to become successful entrepreneurs.
UG (Under Graduate) – B. Tech Chemical Engineering (4 years)