About the Department
- Established in the year 2017 with an intake of 60, objective is to develop engineering strategies to promote innovations in medical technologies and solve challenging problems in medicine and facilitate translation of technology to clinical health care.
- Well-equipped laboratories including Biochemistry, Microbiology, Digital Image Processing and Diagnostic and Therapeutic equipment with state-of-the-art facilities
- First of its kind programme having tie up with Multinational companies for inculcating research skills among students to develop new products
- Various research activities are progressing in the areas such as Biomedical imaging, Biomaterials, BioMEMS, Rehabilitation engineering and Computational mechanics to invent new technologies
- Career opportunities exist in research institutes, IT industries, public sector, medical schools and hospitals.