About The Department
The Department of Civil Engineering of KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore was established in the year 2009 with an annual intake of 60 and upgraded to the intake of 120 in the year of 2012. Also in the year 2014, the Department has been elevated to its next pedestal by offering Post Graduation in Structural Engineering with an annual intake of 18.
The Department has highly qualified and efficient faculty members with Post Doctoral Fellowship, Ph.Ds and Post Graduates graduated from well reputed universities across the world.
The Vision of the Department is
- To develop competent Civil Engineers to improve the civil infrastructure and economic welfare of the society and nation at large by providing quality and value based education.
The Mission of the Department is to
- To provide holistic education to students to enhance technical knowledge and skills
- Indoctrinate augmented contents to meet the requirements of stakeholders
- Promote research and consultancy activities in collaboration with industries
- Foster ethical and moral values with leadership qualities