About the Department
The Department of Science and Humanities was launched in the year 2009 as an underpinning department. The Department encompasses of five major disciplines such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English and Physical Education. Faculty members of this Department have opulent varied experiences in teaching as well as in research. The pivotal focus is to provide pedestal in basic Sciences that acts as a foundation for Engineering subjects. All the first year students are administrated with parental care through mentoring. Apart from teaching, the Department takes a prominent role to imbibe leadership qualities, personality development, soft skills etc. through various clubs.
- To achieve excellence in teaching, training and research in the areas of Science and Humanities.
- Strives to create an atmosphere of learning to enable the students to develop sound cognitive and problem solving skills.
- Delivering a transforming education is the core mission of the Department of Science and Humanities.
- To encourage the students to know the practical applications of concepts through experience and participation.
- To provide holistic development of knowledge, skills, attitude by extending personal care, professional teaching in order to raise ethically strong and academically excellent graduates.