INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education and as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure as prescribed by the NAAC, KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology has established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) under the during 2015. The IQAC being an integral part of the Institution works towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement by developing a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in different aspects of functioning of the college.
The IQAC of KPRIET is making a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institution. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC is channelizing the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic excellence.
Through its regular meetings, IQAC monitors, reviews and suggests to the institution on the progress made by the departments on the defined action plan
The IQAC assures the stakeholders i.e., students, parents, teachers, staff, Management, funding agencies and society in general – of the accountability and transparency in the quality management system of the institution and its concern for ensuring quality of education being imparted.
|Sl.No.||Name of the Member||Designation|
|1||Dr. M. Akila||Principal (Chairman)|
|2||Dr. S. Sree Niranjanaa Bose||Assistant Professor in Bio Medical Engineering Department|
|3||Dr. S. Ramachandran||Professor in Chemical Engineering Department|
|4||Dr. K.S. Elango||Assistant Professor in Civil Engineering Department|
|5||Mrs. K.R. Sri Preethaa||Assistant Professor in Computer Science and Engineering Department|
|6||Dr. J. Karpagam||Professor in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department|
|7||Dr. D. Venugopal||Professor in Electronics and Communication Engineering Department|
|8||Mr. M. Makesh Kumar||Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department|
|9||Ms. M. Vinolina Tamilarasi||Assistant Professor in Chemistry|
|10||Dr. A. Ramesh||Professor in Mechanical Engineering
(Head of the Committee)
- Planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement activities.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks / parameters for the various academic and administrative activities.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and from other stakeholders on quality related Institutional processes.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of various programmes / activities of the Institution leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal centre of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development of Quality culture in the Institution.
- Preparation and submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report(AQAR) to NAAC.
- Conducting internal Academic Audits as well as Administrative Audits.