National Service Scheme
To build the youth with the mind and spirit to serve the society and work for the social upliftment of the economically backward people of our region.
- To make the youth inspire in service and get educated through community service.
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
The motto of National Service Scheme is NOT ME BUT YOU
Make the NSS volunteers aware of the following:
- Rich cultural diversity of India
- History of our diversified culture
- National pride through knowledge about India
- To integrate the nation through social service
- Promote various adventure activities among NSS volunteers
- Infuse the sense of love towards the various regions of India
- Enhance leadership qualities, fraternity, team spirit and risk taking capacity.
- Improvement of physical and mental strength
- Exposure to new vocational possibilities
1. About NSS
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Central Sector Scheme of Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports. It provides opportunity to the student youth of 11th & 12th Class of schools at +2 Board level and student youth of Technical Institution, Graduate & Post Graduate at colleges and University level of India to take part in various government led community service activities & programmes. The sole aim of the NSS is to provide hands on experience to young students in delivering community service. Since inception of the NSS in the year 1969, the number of students strength increased from 40,000 to over 3.8 million up to the end of March 2018 students in various universities, colleges and Institutions of higher learning have volunteered to take part in various community service programmes.
KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology, has many active NSS units functioning in the campus from its inception. The units coordinate and conduct various social service based activities. Students from NSS help the poor and the needy. Trekking camps are arranged for students through NSS to create awareness for the tribal. Students have adopted schools, health centres and check dams. They take care of its maintenance and make it eco-friendly.
|Principal||Dr. M. Akila|
|Program Officer||Dr. P. Anilkumar, Assoc. Prof. / Chemistry|
|Program Coordinator||Mr. S. Karthikeyan, Asst. Prof. / Maths|
|Technical consultants||Mr. A. Sivakumar, Lab Technician/ Department of Mechanical Engineering|
Various Programmes conducted under NSS are
- National Integration Camp
- Blood Donation
- Construction and Repair
- Disaster Management
- Adventure Programmes
Benefits of Being a NSS Volunteer:
A NSS volunteer who takes part in the community service programme would either be a college level or a senior secondary level student. Being an active member these student volunteers would have the exposure and experience to be the following:
- an accomplished social leader
- an efficient administrator
- a person who understands human nature