Objective of the Societies
- To promote the advancement of Welding, Cutting, Reclamation, Hard Facing and related technologies and other allied sciences which the Society may decide from time to time.
- To facilitate exchange of ideas, information, development work etc. amongst members; by organizing lectures, workshops, seminars, symposia, conferences and development programs; publish periodicals, books, journals, and magazines; and develop software and educational programs, video films and training packages relating to the objectives of the Society.
- To offer flexible class room/distance learning programs in various aspects of welding & related technology that suit the requirement of various levels.
- To promote professional exchange of information, experience and advanced training within and among various countries across the globe.
- To enter into arrangements for providing members of the Society with advice and assistance on all matters connected with the objects covered by this Memorandum
IWS Student Chapter inaugurated at KPRIET: 19/9/2015
Student Members in the academic year 2015-16 = 88
Student Members in the academic year 2016-17 = 51
Student Members in the academic year 2017-18 = 50
Student Members in the academic year 2018-19 = 47
Student Members in the academic year 2019-20 = 42
IWS Faculty Coordinator: Dr. B.Arulmurugan, AP(Sl.G.)/MECH